Iced Vanilla Hemp Milk Latte
- 1 Cup Shelled hemp seeds
- 3 Cups Water
- 1 Bottle Califia XX Espresso Cold Brew Coffee
- 2 Cups Ice
- 2 Tbsp Torani vanilla syrup
- Blend hemp seeds and water in a high speed blender for 2-3 minutes.
- Strain hemp milk through a nut milk filter.
- Add ice to a 25 oz jar. Add vanilla syrup.
- Fill jar half way with hemp milk and then top off with Califia coffee.
- Mix well and enjoy!
This is a faaaantastic iced latte recipe for prepping in advance and keeping in the fridge for weekday mornings. I mean, if you prep a batch of hemp milk it will store in the fridge for a week. Do it on a Sunday evening and simply wake up and mix the drink on weekday mornings! It’ll save you gas AND Starbucks dough, and result in equal caffeinated satisfaction.
I prefer homemade hemp milk, and I swear this is what makes it delish. Don’t skip! It just wouldn’t work out the same way. You can find my favorite plant-based milk recipes here!
I always get a soy latte when I’m out because I love what Griffin calls a “beany taste”. Most people prefer almond or oat milk for a milder flavor but I seriously love the nutty rich taste of barista soy milk!
The homemade hemp milk encompasses the same concept of a unique, rich and nutty flavor. I sound silly, but it’s like having a hazelnut-vanilla latte without the hazelnut syrup. Yum.
Just trust me that this is the perfect combination of flavors. Subtle vanilla, rich hemp milk, and strong, not-to-sweet espresso. Foamy, slightly sweet, life-giving!