If you follow me on ANY platform, you already know. You know I freaking love brunch and breakfast foods. Who doesn’t, though?!
This can be done in so many ways, but hopefully this inspires you to whip up a giant brunch for you and your loves at least once in a while. The best mornings start slowly and end with a mini breakfast food feast. It’ll put everyone in a great mood, guaranteed.
If you’re not into packaged vegan bacon you could sub anything: homemade seitan, tempeh, black beans…. Oh, the possibilities!
I plan to re-create this beautiful plate with brussels sprouts, fruit, and biscuits with jam, if that inspires anyone. 🙂
- 1 package vegan bacon
- 1 package organic extra firm tofu
- 1 tbsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- 5 small sweet peppers
- 1 small white onion
- 2 slices vegan bread
- 1 large avocado
- 2 potatoes
- 1 tomato
- In a large cast iron skillet, heat coconut oil over medium heat.
- Dice potatoes and cook in an air fryer for about 15 minutes, or until they turn puffy and slightly brown.
- Drain tofu and pat dry with paper towels then add to skillet.
- Smash tofu with a fork until it resembles scrambled egg texture, then add garlic powder, nutritional yeast, turmeric, salt, and pepper. Turn heat to low and let tofu heat for 5 minutes.
- Remove tofu egg from skillet and cook "bacon" according to package instructions.
- While bacon is cooking, prepare toast and vegetables.
- Optional, cook peppers and onion in skillet as well.
- Once everything is finished, grab two plates and dish up a serving of each food!