(Big thanks to Belvoir Fruit Farms for sponsoring this post!)
Mother’s day is this weekend! I’d say you’re welcome for the reminder, but Lord knows you’ve been seeing it all over social media! What can I say, moms have never been ones to let us forget anything… 🙂
Part of the lifestyle I’m currently embracing is being less wasteful and ensuring my purchases are coming from healthy, natural, plant-based, less-wasteful sources. I remember thinking these focuses were just too far out of reach and unrealistic not too long ago, but then I realized I can never be too picky with how I spend my money, because with every dollar spent you’re voting for your values. I.e., when I spend my money on a zero-waste vegan gift instead of a plastic-wrapped, milk-filled chocolate bar, I’m voting for compassion and brand responsibility instead of speciesism and waste.
Gift giving is probably the last aspect of my life to have this concept implemented, but it’s better than never implementing it at all! I’ve rounded up a few gift ideas to make this process easier on you and your schedule… Everything here can be purchased before Mother’s Day! There’s still hope! 😉 Hopefully you find it valuable, if you buy anything from this list tag me in it on social media so I can see your finds!
- My favorite item on this list, something I’m thrilled to share with the moms in my life this weekend, is Belvoir’s Elderflower & Rose Lemonade. It’s plant based, bubbly, and perfectly sweet. It’s made of 100% natural ingredients like spring water, elderflowers, rose petal extract and lemon juice. Pick up a beautiful bottle of Belvoir at Whole Foods, World Market, Target, Total Wine, or Kroger on your way to mom’s!
- Keep mom stocked up on her fave CBD! If she doesn’t have a favorite, try a medium-strength tincture, a CBD-infused balm or lotion, or CBD bath bombs.
- Potted flowers- It’s pretty common to gift a flower bouquet, but I find there’s a lot more value, enjoyment, and versatility in gifting living plants instead. Lucky for moms, their day comes smack in the middle of spring, so live flowers will thrive!
- Clay travel mugs, plates, bowls, and serveware make beautiful gifts!
- Framed pictures are always a hit, but instead of the common recent photoshoot, dig deep to find a meaningful picture from your childhood of you and mom, 3 generations with you mom and grandma, or a picture from mom’s childhood of her own mother.
- A smeg juicer is low waste and high quality. Plus it could result in some fresh juice for yourself, right? 😉
Drop some of your gift ideas in the comments and inspire the rest of us!