Before we get started here I just want to say thanks so much to Coconut Bliss for sponsoring this post! I basically indulged in some Coconut Bliss between every meal in Hawaii, because… vacation, right?!
Now to get to business… Let’s talk food!
I traveled to Hawaii with my non-vegan family and dining together in strange places took a little patience and planning, so here’s what I ate! :
- I stopped at Hawaiian Moons Natural Foods and picked up all the Coconut Bliss I could get my hands on! Ice cream bars for the beach, ice cream cookie sandwiches for road tripping, and pints for filling the condo’s freezer. This one was a real crowd-pleaser the whole family could got their hands on!
- Maui itself is vegan-friendly enough to offer a few plant-based restaurant options. At one of these joints we had a raw veggie burrito and breakfast burrito.
- I took advantage of farmers markets, fruit stands, and other outdoor food markets which I guess would be considered food stands but also strike me as a mix of a farmers market and fruit stand… Ya know? If you’ve been to Maui you’ll know what I’m talking about! I got a “fruit canoe” at one of these places. It was where I had my first whole Hawaiian avocado and it was heavenly!
- Dining with the family at restaurants offering little to no vegan options, I created something suitable with menu items like salads, fries, etc. and it was in one of these settings that I had orange vinaigrette, which was basically life changing. 😛
- Sushi!! In an area packed with seafood restaurants, don’t forget sushi can be made vegan and can be a really healthy option!