10-Minute Weekday Breakfast Sandwich
Because all the ingredients take 10-minutes or less to go from refrigerator to incredible drool-worthy breakfast sammy, I'd say there's no better time to indulge in such a breakfast than on a weekday morning. Ditch the cold cereal and granola bar for a day or two and replace it with this melty goodness! Bet you'll have a muuuuuch better day!
- 2 Gluten-free vegan waffles I used Nature's Path Organics brand, in the buckwheat wildberry flavor. Any would do the trick.
- 1 Tomato
- 2 Slices Vegan cheese I used Follow Your Heart brand (my personal favorite and the most affordable option at our store)
- Extra firm organic tofu
- Vegan bacon Sweet Earth brand "benevolent bacon" is great for this recipe because it most closely resembles bacon and is perfect for folding onto a sandwich, in my opinion.
- 1 Tsp Turmeric
- 1 Pinch Black pepper
- 1/4 Cup Nutritional yeast
- 1 Tsp Himalayan salt
- 1 Tbsp Oil I used vegetable, if I had a choice I'd have used avocado or olive for sure!
Heat oil in a cast iron skillet.
Cook the bacon in skillet until heated through, or follow cooking instructions on package. (Most vegan bacon is ready to eat- just needs heated) Transfer to a plate when finished.
Drain the water from the tofu. Set it on it's longest side and take about 1/3 of the width slice from the block.
Add tofu to the skillet and cook on each side for a couple minutes over medium heat, then add salt, pepper, nutritional yeast, and turmeric and cook for another minute on each side.
Prepare the frozen waffles according to package instructions. Top each waffle with a slice of cheese and melt cheese to waffle either by putting on skillet with a lid over the top or broiling a few seconds in the oven.
Wash and slice a tomato and assemble sandwich by adding tomato, bacon, and tofu to cheesy waffles.