*THE BEST* Vegan Banana Bread
This recipe, adapted from Hell Yeah It's Vegan, is EVERYTHING you want in banana bread. It's one perfect for sharing at gatherings, moist, perfectly sweet and all kinds of flavorful. I've added chocolate chips, blueberries, walnuts, etc. and it always turns out impeccable.
- 1/4 Cup Unsweetened plant milk
- 1/2 Tsp Apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 Cup Melted coconut oil
- 3 Mashed ripe bananas
- 1 Tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/2 Tsp Almond extract
- 1 Cup Light brown sugar Coconut sugar has worked well for me in the past!
- 2 Cups All-purpose or whole wheat flour Gluten free flour may work but has not been tested.
- 1 Tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 Tsp Baking soda
- 1 Pinch Salt
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 Tsp Nutmeg
- 1 Cup Chopped walnuts
- 1 Cup Blueberries
- 1 Cup Chocolate chips/Cacao nibs
- 1 Cup Chopped strawberries
- 1 Cup Cinnamon sugar topping
Combine wet mixture ingredients in a large bowl.
Combine dry mixture ingredients in a separate smaller bowl.
Gently combine the dry mixture into the wet ingredients.
Fold in any add-ins you may be using. Ensure they're evenly disbursed.
Pour into a loaf pan (or I used a 7.5x5.5" baking dish-hello minimalist kitchen) and bake at 380 degrees for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. If you like a denser bread you can skip the toothpick trick and remove from the oven when the center feels firm.